In 1955, Edison Hubert Johnson, P.E., then Chief Building Inspector for Durham, and Kern E. Church, P.E., then Assistant State Fire Marshal began discussions on the possibility of organizing a State Building Inspectors’ Association and on June 26th, 1956 the NC Building Inspectors’ Association was chartered. Ed Johnson became the first President and Kern Church became the first Secretary/Treasurer of NCBIA. Along with the help of many other dedicated professionals then and over the years, this Association has grown to what it is today.

 

Thanks to all the hard-working and dedicated Professionals across our great State protecting the health and safety of the citizens of North Carolina.